Friday, April 1, 2011

A Wonderful Day

What a wonderful day! I sit here (rather sprawl here) in my hotel after a busy yet emotional day. Yet, I made it through it. However, I didn’t do it by myself. Let me share some of the fabulous reasons from fabulous people for the smile on my lips.

1. Upon my mirror above my dresser, I have plastered multiple pictures of some of the men in my lives. (Did you know I was a grandmother?) They are strong, intelligent, active youngsters who just happen to be my grandsons. There are some photos of these two boys playing outside. I see Teddy anxiously eyeing the cookie bowl. (He obviously takes after me.) He later proudly sits on his bike set up on bricks so he can practice his maneuvers in this still chilly weather. Ollie crawls through a fabric tunnel with the biggest smile possible. My son-in-law stands with his fellow servicemen in front of his future submarine. My daughter, a caring mother, snuggles with her eldest child. All four stand embraced ready to face the future together. My daughter weekly sends me via Internet a few shots to enjoy. I stare at the images and smile. I love them so much, and they love me. I have helped raise an intelligent daughter who values God, her family and her country. Is there a better scene for a mother?

2. My husband calls every night. He is with wonderful family and friends during my trip to this frozen tundra. Although he just got the cruddy news that his foot has been broken, he has a fabulous orthopedist. Einstein is getting lots of attention and keeps Bob company. Bob loves me, and I love him. He believes in God, his family (including me) and his country. After all these years, what more could a wife ask for?

3. My bathroom mirror is covered with notes and cards to keep me encouraged. Some are funny, others are religious, and some are simple statements. They all were mailed to help me through these tiring weeks. The senders are all from individuals who appreciate God, family and friends. What more could a friend possibly need?

4. My church is unbelievable. Led by Pastor Hellstedt, this church is truly my family. Members support me through cards, emails and powerful prayers. A multitude of people even regularly read this inconsequential blog. They all welcome God, their church family, and the world into their hearts. Can the Holy Spirit be any stronger?

5. I’m receiving services from one of the most highly respected medical facilities in this country and maybe even the world. I have been blessed to create special new friendships and learn multiple new skills. Through private conversations, I know they all have sincere reverence for God, friends and family. Is there anything else a patient could want?

So you see why I sit, almost dozing, in my one overstuffed chair. I have plans to meet a friend tomorrow to have an hour-long massage. (Close your eyes Bob!) I might also squeeze in a little retail therapy. Plastic is wonderful.

Life is good. Get out and enjoy it.

Advantage of the Mighty Three:

  • Lots of people support you. Life is good. What more could a girl ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment