Saturday, April 30, 2011

Free Rides on Gyroscope

This will just be a short post for now. I know that Janet Jabbers has not been getting my top priority these past few days.

It was fun watching the royal wedding. We both were somewhat spellbound watching the day proceed even though we watched it in the comfort of our bed and couch. The trip to London would have been a little much for us anyway, and I don’t think that the Duke and Duchess missed our presence.

I’ve continued to work on my triathlon. I have completed 17.32 miles on the bike, which is 15%. According to the schedule and my Type AAAA personality, I should be 17% on Monday. I’ve done 26 laps in the swimming pool, which is also 15% and 25% on walking/running. I’m getting there. Since I’m such a big shot, I even ordered an Apple Shuffle that will hopefully block out some of the gym noises. I got free engraving so Triathlete is front and center. Hopefully it will help with my inspiration. The bad news is that I ordered it online since getting to the mall is not optimal to other traffic in the area. It’s in shipping somewhere now. What a hoot that it started in Shanghai and then went to Anchorage, AK. It has a better leisure life than me!

Bob and I both need a little inspiration today. If the paparazzi broke in and snapped a picture of us now, it would probably be titled “Plopped on Couch with Energy of a Dead Fish.” Bob is getting frustrated with the cast as week two from the surgery begins. Unfortunately, the schedule is to have a cast through week seven. My head has that vertigo where my body is going nuts inside my head. I am having trouble standing right now. Typing this post is more of an effort than I thought it would be. Thinking has never been one of my positive characteristics. I’m having difficulty locating my brain as it flies around my body, but I will hopefully be able to catch it soon.

This type of vertigo is hard for the self-worth department. The inability to stand up is indescribable especially when it is not because of a back fusion or Achilles surgery. (I’ve had this whole standing up issue for a while I guess!) I don’t know where to put my foot. That sounds really stupid, but it’s pretty accurate. My body thinks that a 40o  angle for my little tootsies would work well. However, gravity has my tush on the floor when I listen to my brain. I spent a few hours in bed clutching the covers over my head so I wouldn’t get any dysfunctional visual clues. I prayed for the bed to slow down my spinning body and get off this darn gyroscope. I’m not there yet, but I bet tomorrow will be a better day.

So much for a shorter post. I do know how to jabber.

Today’s Benefit of Living with a Body with Chronic Pain
  • You get free rides on a gyroscope in your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment