Sunday, April 10, 2011

Oreo Milkshakes and Smart Cookies

I wrote my rough draft of Janet Jabbers and then stopped to lead my exciting life outside of Minnesota. I had lots to get accomplished and had promised myself that I would semi-maintain my tough regimen. You’ll be proud to know that in the last 24 hours I have emptied two suitcases. I’ve decided to replicate the need for relaxation more than any work goals. When I reread my blog prior to putting it online, I found that I must have been more tired than I realized. So, here I go again.

Family Days ended with both Bob and I on the pooped side. Lots of talk time was built into these days so the significant others could get an idea of the philosophy of PRC. Many loved ones had bundled off patients with big yellow Post Its attached to foreheads requesting an immediate removal of all of our pain. Let me tell you, it took PRC 3.1 seconds to rip off those notes and force them in the shredder. The job of this Minnesota spa was not to rinse off all the pain. The pain is still there and for me, it is even worse. Instead the focus was to have me manage the pain, instead of the pain managing me. My daughter Stephanie is one smart cookie. She’s better than Oreo’s and homemade chocolate chip ones warm from the oven any ol’ day. She sent me a message on Facebook that summed it all up. PRC didn’t change the pain, but it changed me. That even beats all those Girl Scout cookies too!

When Bob arrived, Mayo still gripped the mystical forces for instant healing and superhuman medical knowledge. Although my respect for this institution remains high, I learned that stark reality must be faced. I’m still a Weeble, but now I can be pretty proud of that fact. My tinnitus has the rhythm of white Lutherans and church organs are still loud. However, those conditions can knock me off of my feet, but they can’t keep me down. I’m not just the Mighty Three. I’m a whole lot more.

It was good to be back in my home church. The greetings and hugs did wonders for my self-esteem. I didn’t even bribe people because our checkbook is dry from that retail therapy. Bob and I even went for lunch with good friends, an outing that has been missing from our calendars for too long. My long-term friend Linda even forced me to gulp an Oreo milkshake.  Well she ordered a high-caloric frozen treat with me and matched me guzzle to guzzle. After all, I didn’t want her to be the only one daintily sipping a welcome home glass of water. Boring!

Thanks again to all of the good wishes and prayers sent my way. I learned a lot. I now have good friends all over the nation due to the popularity of Mayo. When our checkbook becomes solvent I just may go visit Pennsylvania, Florida and Oklahoma and then swing by Wyoming and Wisconsin. Hawaii and Vancouver will have to wait an additional three months.

There’s lots more news to tell you, but I’m afraid to hope for any more grammatically correct sentences or words longer than one syllable. So for now, happy dreams!

Advantage of the Mighty Three:
  • The current winds just knocked me back on the sidewalk when I was out with Einstein. Vertigo is not that bad of a thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment