Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Important Government Study Results

I was all set to head up to bed after a soul searching evening watching two back-to-back nights of Dancing with the Stars, when I realized that I had been remiss in writing my blog for today. Einstein has given up snuggling on the couch and deserted me to finish this post solo.

The day has been a typical mid April day. I headed out to a store to play Nanny Easter Bunny in weather that should be illegal at this time of year. The temperature was 36o, which always sets the stage for springtime shopping. By the time I got home, it was 33o. That is just plain ridiculous.

Last night, I hinted, rather came out and wrote, that I would fill you in about our late night dog walk on Monday evening. Einstein and I were only about two houses down. He was sniffing and smelling, not pleased with the cold temperatures and the fact that he was getting his four little paws wet. I was just being my usual happy camper self when I glanced down to keep the wind off my face. That’s when I spotted a skunk about 12 inches from my right foot. Einstein spotted my new friend about five seconds later. The little striped fellow was confused on what to do. He was between this narcissistic white fluff ball and this round lady who looked like she was a wanna-be for Dancing with the Stars. The Monkee Weeble walk was definitely in place. Luckily the skunk hightailed it out of there about the time Einstein decided he needed to complete his canine duties and chase him. All I can say is thank God for strong leashes. The fast movement was enough to set my vertigo in motion, and I started to wonder again about those TV cameras from the past. I could picture myself being dragged through the wet grass, over the mud and smack into a chainlink fence while my loving pet went on a nature walk. Luckily, we made it home with no tomato juice needed.

On to other things: Bob and I head to the latest orthopedic surgeon tomorrow to have a post-op check-up. The cold, damp weather is not helping his tootsies revive. Getting him out to the car in a wheelchair in our usual rainy forecast should be delightful. I also have the star-like beauty, peek back to my Dancing with the Stars reference in the prior paragraph if needed, of possessing a large plantar wart on the bottom of my foot which will be burned off tomorrow during the same visit. Get those cameras ready. We should make quite a sight coming out of the office.

We’re doing our usual, trying to hang in there while maintaining a little of the positive frame of mind so strongly emphasized at Mayo. Bob and I were thrilled to hear the results of one of the latest government studies stating that people in chronic pain don’t like to feel pain. We could have given that same verdict in far less time and a lot less money. It’s hard to imagine that the government took so long coming to a consensus about the national budget just a few weeks ago when you see the recipients of our tax dollars.

I’m getting some wonderful emails from some of the folks that I was blessed to meet up in Rochester. We each are doing the best we can in many different situations. I’m grateful of so many things at the end of this day.
  1. Skunks must not see well in the dark.
  2. The government cares about those of us in chronic pai
  3.   I have warm jammies and a comfy bed upstairs waiting for me.
  4. Today I could temporarily forget about my twinges and the economy while I played Nanny Easter Bunny on Skype.
  5. I have the best friends and family in the world that support me by taking time in their busy schedules to read my blogs.
Happy dreams everyone.

Today’s Advantage of the Mighty Three:
  • Being off work on disability allows you to be home and catch the noontime news when the latest government research results on chronic pain are made public!

No comments:

Post a Comment