Thursday, April 7, 2011

One More Day

One more day left at the PRC douses me with a menagerie of feelings and emotions. The bittersweet goodbyes to people who understand me at a different level than even my best friends and family members will be hard to say. Many other inspiring peers have already left the program only to leave gaping holes in my heart and mind. (Yes, I do have a mind.) Yet, new people continue to join the team and soon develop ties with direct attachments to all hearts present. It’s my turn tomorrow to enter the category of graduates. There’s much I will miss:

·     Starting the day with a joke that refocuses our thoughts and depicts the power of laughter
·      Gone will be daily hugs from some very special people in my life.
·      The simple nods or smiles that show encouragement at a brand new level
·      Cheers and applause for friends making a difficult goal
·      Notes of well wishes for a future with pain, but with the ability to use means other than medicine to      cope with our struggles (This is a BIGGIE!)
·      Yummy treats on the counter from graduates (When supplied at a hospital setting, they match all of our health requirements.)
·      My new church home providing comforting memories of the strength of the Holy Spirit that encircles our planet.
·      Laughs over lunch about a silly weeble who provides great hugs but sure walks pretty crooked down the hospital hallway (Who does that sound like?)

Bob has already arrived to take part in the drive back to Chicagoland. Today, he got to experience Family Days and learn of a new strict belief to rid our bodies of the dangerous chemicals found in many medications, even over-the-counter remedies. He has personally witnessed a program like a medical and mental boot camp where we grunt from exercise (I got the grunting down pat.) and get stuck in yoga poses that tease out of shape bodies. (Yep, that’s me too.) He saw me give tearful hugs to shapes of all sizes: from the very tall requiring me to stand on tiptoe to the height challenged needing a much lower approach.

Tomorrow will provide that fork in the road where I must decide on which path to take. I’m glad I will have all of you on that passage with me.

Advantage of The Mighty Three:
  • You have new friends and past comrades ready to guide you down the right path. They have even put bumper pads all along that road just for The Mighty Three.

No comments:

Post a Comment