Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mike's Funny Silver Sneakers

A wonderful friend called my home today and dared to tease me about recent blogs lacking in previous comedic value. However a few weeks ago, my daughter gave me a challenge. My strong competitive nature had me at “challenge”. She urged me to complete a post without any self-deprecating humor. So, in tribute to these two special folks, I’ll start this post with, “Did you hear the one about the traveling salesman at Wrigley Field?” Well, I haven’t heard it either, but you have to admit it could have a great punch line.

I tried to meld my life at PRC and home sweet home today. I was a good girl and got out of bed at the designated time, waddled to the bathroom, and rushed into my day. Well, not exactly rushed, but I stumbled around and couldn’t even blame it on my vertigo. I did my morning stretching. These exercises don’t exactly raise my blood pressure over the dangerous exertion point, but it’s morning and I sure don’t love or even like anything before noon. After dressing, I even completed my Tai Chi exercises. Some of the pictures of me in these cute poses would be a riot on YouTube. That statement is not deprecating; it’s fact. I had my usual cereal and then Bob and I headed to the local Y.

Stephanie had done earlier legwork and felt this locale could do wonders for my top layer of flab. I’m all set to take the Silver Sneakers classes. Since I don’t have silver shoes, I wonder if I can use some retail therapy to rectify that omission. I saw some of my fellow silver sneakers, and I think I’ll be on the thin side. They are also probably double my age, so it should result in some interesting posts. The receptionist took us for a tour of the facility while listing many of the wonderful classes available for us. At the mention of spinning, I bragged that my wonderful son-in-law enjoys these work-outs at his home Y. She suggested that I could take the class with him if he visited. Holding back a choke, I pictured Chris and I in this bicycling boot camp. They would be all finished with the workout by the time I hauled my slight frame upon this scary cycle. Hey, at least my silver shoes would match the large front tire.

Stay tuned tomorrow for my yoga debut. Maybe I could get a silver latex outfit to wear to class.  It would blend with my hair!

Today’s Advantage of the Mighty Three:
  • People tune in a blog to read about a ditzy “blond” with silver shoes and silver yoga pants stuck getting about a silver cycle. Come on! That has to be funny Mike!

No comments:

Post a Comment