Monday, April 11, 2011

Pastel Tulips and a Colorful Rocket

Another day passes and some of the previous stresses return. Luckily, I have wonderful people who keep an eye or two on me. There are many ways you can help people in chronic pain. The people in my life have discovered many of them.

My very dearest friends at church sent me beautiful tulips bursting in color. I received them just after I decided the heck with it, I was going to go upstairs and take a well-deserved nap. I could ease into my PRC tools. Life is different here at home. Then Einstein let me know me know in his quiet little manner that a stranger, bigger than a squirrel or passing car, was approaching our front door.
These bright blooms, brought by the local FedEx man, erased my fatigue and let me use my tools to help my pain.

After that, the computer was my friend. During the last 24 hours, I’ve been trying to gather the emails of my peers up north. My inbox was overflowing with notes including additional emails and phone numbers. A growing number of these contacts were unknown to me but were previous graduates of PRC.  I got fabulous notes of thanks then along came requests. One person was having trouble keeping her shoulders down. She described herself as a Pringle chip on steroids. Another peer was having difficult with a loved one. Another wanted prayers as she returned to work. Communication began and connections strengthened. I looked online and was able to locate perfect prayers for these PRC comrades. My list of emails is already growing and becoming much more than originally expected. God is altering my plans. He loves to do that.

I wrote my monthly newsletter article, one of the passions to which I still cling. I love to write, which is probably not a huge surprise. Plus in my newsletter article, I got to describe my fabulous grandsons. Is there anything better in life?
My daily snail mail included a pastel rocket ready to burst into the sky. It was colored with the artistic skill possessed by my eldest grandson. What a way to brighten my day.

My hubby made dinner and started the laundry. We’re unfortunately too busy with bills and preparing for his upcoming surgery. I’m not sure why the hospital requires so many details when most surgical procedures are currently done through a drive-up window. I also started to make multiple doctor appointments. The patterns of my life a mere month ago are chasing me down. But I just need to look up and see a vase of pastel tulips and a rocket colored just for me. Despite my pain, I have some worth. My writings and PRC compilation are helping me get through these upcoming days. Thanks for reading this and helping me out. My shoulders are down too.

Today’s Advantage of the Mighty Three:
  • They provide a tacky excuse for getting compliments; recognition and flowers from loved ones. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment