Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Watch Out LBD

A miracle has happened these last two days in the Midwest: we had rain. It was that nice rain that gently falls to the earth and nourishes the brown and wrinkled plants. Unfortunately, it doesn’t nourish my white and wrinkled body. This weather causes me to shudder as I admit that it will be hard to work amidst all this discomfort. My Bob helps me the best he can, which ultimately means we take turns napping throughout the day. I just can’t shake this migraine. This headache has latched on to me and lingers on like an obnoxious family member staying past their welcome.

These are the days that I worry about in the future. How in the world will I be able to provide my wonderful husband with the care he deserves? The power of prayer will ultimately have to carry us on. It will cushion us gently and let me tell you, we’re ready for a little cushioning.

My son-in-law gave my daughter a “talkin’ to” about our reactions to Bob’s new diagnosis.  He reminded her that she should stop concentrating on the negative prognosis facing Bob. My wonderful husband is fighting this LBDness and bringing forth his very best.  He takes an active interest when others visit. He is busy playing with the grandsons and talking to Chris about sports trivia. Bob now agrees that those grandsons are the very best medicine. He is working each day to be the best he can be. I know that I don’t face each day with that same conviction, in fact, I know most of America doesn’t try this hard. I’m so very proud of all Bob is doing.

So, kudos to my husbands but sad faces to the weather. (I couldn’t remember the antonym of kudos.) Here’s a promise that our household will do it’s best to come out fighting as we face each day. We know that some ickiness faces our future, so we better get used to putting forth our very best. My hubby and I will continue to fight the symptoms of LBD and have a great twenty-four hours each day.

God Uses Our Love to Prove that Life is Good
            We fight side by side to show LBD who is whom!

No comments:

Post a Comment