Saturday, August 4, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

It’s been a marvelous day in which I feel very blessed. I’ll be trying my best throughout this year to maintain that outlook to discover the great things that life offers. Thanks to all my Facebook pals for their birthday wishes. That’s the sole reason I’m on Facebook so that I can continue to feel a gain in my popularity on my annual big day.

The day started with my brother-in-law evading the Weight Watcher Police and showing up with delicious apple strudel and tarts that couldn’t be beat. He knows a local bakery that always is filled with temptations. I then went to the mall and now sport feisty orange nails to prove that old ladies can still pretend to know fashion. My fabulous sister and her husband added sparkle to the day when they journeyed from Iowa to take Bob and i out to lunch. This loving support meant so much more with our recent diagnosis. I needed time to share, vent, worry and explain to a loving family member. Why do I let those tears fall when I speak with her about LBD after I thought I had my head together? It must partially be the bright nail polish. We went to a lunch filled with yummies. I should have eaten under the table when the waitress brought out these loaded French fries in order to hide from the Diet Patrol.

My husband was generous with some new clothes for me to look darling for the kids at church.  I even got some shiny jewelry when he added some Pandora beads for my bracelet that look wonderful with my shiny nails. (Can you tell that I like my manicure – a special treat for me?)

This house has been filled with many emotions in just these past 24 hours that I pray will continue to resonate these walls in this next year. There were tears, but the tears were through sharing with people who love me. My cries were because I have a fabulous husband who will face unknown challenges and hurdles as this household fights LBD. Yet there was so much more than tears. There was a sense of contentment as Einstein snuggled closer to me while Bob rested upstairs. There were giggles over silly Facebook posts and excitement over all these fattening foods in just one day. (It’s ok because there are no calories on one’s birthday.)  Most of all, there was lots of love. I’m so very blessed that life is so good.

Which brings me to a special birthday gift from my dear husband that I will proudly wear tomorrow. It’s a simple cotton top in a nice sage color. It wasn’t until I held it up to me that I noticed the lettering on the front. There in a simple font were three words that have come to mean the world to me and become almost my slogan. (No, it wasn’t “Where’s the dessert?”) It says, “Life is Good!” and yes, thank you God, it is very good!

God Uses Our Love to Prove that Life is Good
       - I get to show off my classy nails and special shirt tomorrow as Bob and I worship together. Life is very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment