Sunday, August 5, 2012

My Trio

It proved to be another soothing and comforting day. With so much concentration spent on learning about LBD, the quiet moments mean all the more to me. The day to others could be classified as almost boring, but I wouldn’t have changed a minute of it.

This morning we worshiped in our home church with people who feel like members of the family. I know that these are the majority of the people who will be helping Bob and I in the coming years. My faith in God couldn’t be stronger. Our sermon today emphasized the free gift of grace given to all of us. Thanks God. I look around the sanctuary and see so many people who have shown their love to us for many years. Age doesn’t matter. I got to finally hold little Audrey, the youngest member of our church. (Check out the picture online.) I talked to a senior and tried to arrange meals to help him out. Then there were countless people in between. They love me despite my singing voice and goofy writings.

Then, Bob, Einstein and I headed to Indiana for a sleepover with my grandsons celebrating my birthday. Once again, calories were aplenty. Although other parts of my body are falling apart, my mouth still works just fine. (That’s both for putting food in and letting words fall out.) We’ll head home tomorrow after a little more Nanny spoiling. The hugs are wonderful. This two-hour trip is so much nicer than a trip half way across the nation. My poor son-in-law may not be too aware of what this new distance will mean to him.

I’m in several Yahoo groups for spouses of someone tackled with LBD. I got so many comforting emails already in less than 24 hours. The presence of others who really do understand what I am going through provides me with a security blanket. Their words offer scary predictions mixed with loving encouragement.

Today is proof that I am not alone. I have dear friends at church, a loving daughter and her family close by, and comrades of kind on the Internet. I’m blessed. Life is good.

God Uses Our Love to Prove that Life is Good
        -  Lots of people are in my life to help me when life gets rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment