Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Little Lewy Sneaks In

Another day draws to a close and once again, Lewy Bodies Dementia ended up sneaking into the limelight. It is so hard to spend time living life to the fullest without getting too absorbed in this scary syndrom. I want to explore the world the most I can while we can.

Bob’s closest friend called today. We were able to have a fast chat about this syndrome. He offered his help and I know that I will call on him in the future. Fishing trips will still be on until I can no longer lift Bob up into the boat. He loves it so much. I’m grateful Mike has always helped out there. He was my pillar during the ice episode in 2008 and he will continue to be so.

I sent an email to our contractor who did our kitchen and master bath. We need to make some changes to our home. I am unsure on how many changes to make to prepare and how many to wait awhile on. There are lots of decisions to make awaiting me. Thank God my new disability retirement will be double of what I have made the last few years. This will allow me to make some modifications while continuing to explore the world.

I get lots of emails from my Yahoo group. They are such a wonderful group of people who I will continue to rely on. I have already asked one woman to adopt me. Many of the members have already lost their loved one but feel it a mission to help others. What a beautiful example of a good life.

I ran a few errands today. I still worry so about my hubby when I am not with him. He was with his brother, but there still is that tension for me. I need to get over that and use the time that God has given me.

So, I will continue with the rest of my short evening without this dreadful disease sneaking in much more. Life is still good and I plan on getting every last drop of it.

God Uses Our Love to Prove that Life is Good
         -  Dewy Bodies Dementia continues so sneak in but our love totally eclipses that.

No comments:

Post a Comment