Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Change of Plans


It’s been a busy few days but good ones. I know that I am making friendships with many wonderful people who will be some of my biggest supporters in the next years. I’m amazed that these creative people are so ready to share their spirits with others. I have absolutely no idea how people live without a church family to help strengthen them when times gets rough.

My husband amazes me at how he is trudging through these trenches. He kept himself busy with his brother today, but still had the energy to meet me at the door with a smile and a kiss.  After I splurged with a manicure and pedicure at the mall, I came home to stuffed pork chops, homemade mashed potatoes (one of my big comfort foods) and peas. What a yummy dinner that was extra delicious since I know the efforts my husband makes to help make me happy. I did better tonight though because I didn’t fall asleep on the couch thirty minutes after I made it home.

After dinner, I sat on my usual end of the couch ready for tuning into America’s Got Talent. I’m not sure why I am so hooked on this show since they don’t chronicle any of my many skills, but I still manage to be an avid watcher. I sat at the computer ready for time on the email and Facebook. My Yahoo support group for LBD sends lots of daily emails that keep me captivated as I try to offer my own suggestions while learning lots from my cohorts around the world. Right in the midst of this scintillating life that I lead, I glanced over at my husband.

Bob was in the midst of one of his “episodes.” His unblinking gaze was straight ahead and his body had the Lewy Leans. As I quickly, even for my tubby body it was quickly, scooted over to his side, where I soon confirmed that LBD had once again stricken our family room. His tone was rigid. I’m noticing his response to my voice and touch are much harder to obtain. So I just placed my arm around him, gently kissed his cheek and whispered that I loved him in his ear.

I’m not sure what he exactly hears during these dreaded episodes. Sometimes he says that he has heard but just couldn’t respond. Other times, he knows no such thing. Even so, I’ll keep up those gently kisses and assurances of love. The rest of the items I had planned for the evening were shelved and instead we watched television holding hands on the couch. Boy, life is good!

God Uses Our Love to Prove that Life is Good
          How can people not see our love when they hear about our life together?

No comments:

Post a Comment