Saturday, August 18, 2012

Love

It’s a weekend with doves, Cupid and love songs as I attend two different wedding showers. The first was held today at a nearby Italian restaurant. No one left this shower hungry! My niece on my hubby’s side will soon say “I Do” on an upcoming November day. She and her beau have been together three years and are ready to take the next big step. It’s so refreshing to see young love overflowing with exciting plans for the future. Today’s festivities were a wonderful way to start down the countdown to the big day.

The other shower will be tomorrow. My dearest friend from my last job will be celebrating the fall wedding of her son. I’ve heard tales of his antics for many a year. His parents could not be more proud of this young man, for inside his frame is still his mom’s little boy. It will be a wonderful way to begin this second countdown.

So lots of love is in the air. There is the adoration that two young couples promise to maintain. They both are starting their marriages with the love of their families and friends. Each couple has a strong family foundation that will help root their marriages to withstand all that the future brings. Many people will demonstrate just a portion of the goodwill being sent their way.

I can see myself continuing to need the love of the people at these showers. My friend from work was a personal confidante who helped encourage, motivate, and support me. I’ll still need that support with the strong faith that special friendships bring. My husband’s brothers will be needed to help face all that the future will try to throw my Bob’s way. I’m confident that they will both be at his sides as calendar pages are turned.

Throughout this weekend, I’ll be celebrating more than the love of these two young star-crossed lovers. A blanket of serenity gently surrounded me as I crossed my own threshold later in the afternoon.  I love my husband so much. It feels right to just sit here and spend a less than thrill-seeking Saturday night. It’s comforting to just be home together. I find that I am trying to memorize our time together. It feels good to continue to feel that serenity as he holds me on the couch and we quietly laugh as we enjoy a quiet evening. Wow! Life is good!

God Uses Our Love to Prove that Life is Good
         A quiet evening is treasured in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment