Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Poor Little Robin

This time I promise, the blog will be shorter.

This morning was a short reminder of last night’s fun. Rochester did not get a lot of snow while I slept, but Jack Frost stopped for a long visit and left everything covered with ice. My car door was frozen shut, but no problem, I managed to get in the passenger door and climb over the console. Not a pretty sight. At least I finally got rid of the cameraman though. I think I saw him rubbing his eyes and dashing down the interstate screaming words I can’t print here. I just put ice skates on the tires and set off. Although quite a few cars decided to do cute little spins or visit the ditch, my vehicle didn’t have vertigo.

I made it to PRC with time to spare. As I rose from the car though, my chubby thighs had trouble standing. I sashayed to the clinic and was doing relatively well until it was time for PT. I got a different therapist than normal. She decided to push me way more than normal. I quickly found the floor and managed to acquire some new beautiful bruises. I’m confident that the colors will be more pronounced tomorrow.

My classmates proved the Atlas strength that has expanded these few days. We have already created a protective shell to guard our hurting friends. It’s nice living in this bubble.

I staggered into church for midweek services and was strengthened by the wonderful service. I even stayed for chili and some home-baked goodies. After all, there aren’t any calories of food eaten under the auspices of a church.

So far this evening, I have received beautiful flowers from home and a long phone call from my daughter. Life is good!

Oh, by the way, a life-long resident of Minnesota told the class today the following:

It’s not spring in Minnesota until you see a frozen robin on your driveway.

Stay warm.

Advantage of the Mighty Three:

  • The buttons in the elevator look really cool when you have vertigo. You don’t get to the right floor very often, but you get to experience new places.

No comments:

Post a Comment