Sunday, March 20, 2011

Look Out for Casper

I admit it. I was wrong. I know that might surprise many of you. Instead of a cameraman, there is a ghost. He’s not spooky or anything, but he likes pranks and lucky me is the recipient of those jokes.

I went to a nice church this morning and sat in the parent’s room so the organ wouldn’t put me over. I did have my “tremors”, but the pastor helped steady my hand for communion. I walked kind of wobbly heading back and a few people were overcome with my natural beauty. You can’t blame people for staring. I just gave a little smile and felt like saying that I just had a REALLY big communion glass.

I made a quick stop at Michaels and miraculously bought nothing for the grandsons. That has never happened before! (Ignore the fact that they got two bags of goodies yesterday.) It’s a grandma’s prerogative.

Then, Casper came to say hi. I waddled into my hotel room, dropped my bag, and changed my slacks that were real wet from the pouring rain. Bob called about the trouble with my XM radio. He said that I needed to go back out in the rain, turn on the car, and sit there for five minutes or so. I looked for my room key, but Casper had struck. I KNOW where I set the key and it wasn’t there. I still ran outside because the XM lady was listening. Despite the rain, I dashed to my car. Other guests at the hotel were slightly confused when I wouldn’t leave this good parking spot. After what seemed eternity, I dashed from my car and ran (ha-ha) to the front door since the room key was required to gain access to the hotel. I had propped open the door to my suite so I could stumble in my room. The key was still gone.

Since then, that goofy little phantom has been playing hide and seek. He’s hidden the remote, my magazine, the remote again, my phone, my glass, the remote, my purse, the remote, my scissors, and then the remote again. Plus, I still can’t find my key. I think I need a glass of wine because that strange spirit has taken what was left of my brain.

I’m grasping my pillow so Casper can’t get that. I kind of exaggerated before when I described my suite with all those rooms. This place isn’t that big to keep losing all of these things. My ghost must be pretty fast. I’ll be on watch though, so I better get off the computer. Thanks for checking in on me. Hey, the son-of-a gun just blew the power.

Today’s advantage of the Mighty Three:

  • · You get visits by Casper. He is a big blog fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment