Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Body is on Strike

Another day draws to a close as I sit with bones and muscles wondering why I hate them. They’re confused for the multiple strains I put on them each day. I’m progressing pretty well in physical therapy if I say so myself. We increase minutes and weights each Tuesday and Friday. Although the average change is 1 minute or pound, I was confident that I could do two. That is until I got back to the hotel. My body is really mad at me, and my multiple falls aren’t improving my popularity.

What does this all mean? I’m proud that I am doing more, but . . . I wish my vertigo and tinnitus would be at least a little pleased. My tremors have increased and the stuttering agrees with my disapproval rating. My body has not yet reached the svelte stage and my back is contacting a lawyer.

Despite all of this, I’m pushing through. I want to get better. I long to be able to chase those cute little grandsons and climb up the slide. I long for vacations with Bob that include a bottle of wine instead of a bottle of pain pills. I dream of "Date Night" to a movie where I survive the noise stomping on my head. I need to worship INSIDE our sanctuary when I thank God for my many blessings.

One of the females that I have grown closest to throughout my time here in Minnesota will be heading back to Pennsylvania. Her days at the PRC are over. I was pleased to see her successfully “graduate” the program, but my narcissism longed for her to stay “just one more day”. There are three of us at our team room table who have shared it all. We frequently held hands in prayer or held shoulders when they wracked with pain. We have emailed and called to “just check in” or send an encouraging word. Although we promise to stay in touch, we are smart enough to know that few relationships can maintain their strength when miles scrape our devotion and busy home calendars interrupt the very best of intentions.

I’m so tired and sore that I am trying to decide the worth of walking all of the way to my “bedroom”. I need something to launch me across the room, but with my luck, I would probably bounce off the wall instead. I never claimed to have any athletic ability.

Please pray for all of us at the PRC. We do feel your faith and it does wonders to cushion my falls. God bless.

Advantage of the Mighty Three

  • People we don’t even know keep us in their prayers even when we are too tired to finish those nightly Lent devotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment