Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bouncing Blubber

Happy Fat Tuesday everyone. It’s one of our favorite days of the year. Imagine people expecting us to pig out. It’s almost a religious obligation.

Things are hanging in there, about the same as always. Weather fronts seem to add a zing to my headaches. Chicagoland has been changing weather conditions faster than I can change my mind on what clothes to wear. I don’t need to ask whether the outfit makes me look fat because I have learned to face reality. I have enjoyed far too many Fat Tuesdays to wear any single digit clothing. I just figure that the layers of blubber will help pad my frequent falls.

We now have workmen outside tending to our brickwork. There were two areas where the drain spouts would overflow causing wonderful ice skating rinks in the winter. With our love of ice, something had to be done. Our mailbox is also at a 47o

angle after valiantly battling snow plows during our months of heavy snow. So add one more item to the list of how we are helping the economy. At least when I pull out the plastic, free miles are added to our account. That means more trips to see those cute little grandsons.

This will be a short blog today so I can continue to shove food into my mouth. We still have a box of paczskis in the frig that are calling my name.

Advantage of the Mighty Three

  • Layers of fat are really cushions to protect my falls, making them somewhat of a medical necessity.

1 comment:

  1. It was great to see you this morning at the Ash Wednesday Breakfast. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Aren't you glad I finally figured out how to sign in and actually post a comment? Thinking of YOU!

    ReplyDelete