Monday, December 14, 2009

Einstein and I - Both Spoiled

You can tell how my brain is working due to the delay in this posting. What can I say?

Today's verse is "I am the good shephard, who is willing to die for the sheep." John 10:11
Teddy Questions: Do you have any pets? How do people take care of their pets? How does Jesus take care of you?

Our dog Einstein has to be the most spoiled dog this side of teh Mississippi. Bob provides him with food to his liking. The pooch is starting to get pretty particular. He gets more room on the bed than I do. Bob can be watching TV and not here my requests, but a whimper from Einstein gets results. (Of course, if he doesn't listen, Einstein leaves more fragrant reminders to pay attention.)

We are not alone in treating our pet almost human. The unconditional love provided by a family pet cannot be measured. We treat these animals much better than many people in today's society.

The interesting part is to compare this to how Jesus treats us. I know I am not as well behaved as Einstein. I do not always listen. I do not "stay" very well at all. My bark is heard all over town. Yet Jesus still loves me too. Wow. What a wonderful thing to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment