Sunday, December 20, 2009

Biggest Blizzard Coming Soon

What a wonderful day. Bob and I are in Connecticut with snow drifts of four feet against my daughter's home. I am warm and snuggled, enjoying the many blessings surrounding me. The silent strength of the Holy spirit is surely present in today's verse.

From John 14:6 comes " I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one goes to the Father except by me." You will notice God's touch with the Teddy Questions. Find a map and see if you can figure out the way to get somewhere.

Both Friday and Saturday found Bob and I wondering the feasibility of traveling the many miles across our country. Two little grandsons awaited us along with a fabulous daughter and a son-in-law that can't be beat. Mother Nature had other ideas for the east coast as snow was to blanket the ground. Even THE PRESIDENT returned home early to avoid the blizzard soon to come.

Bob was glued to computers as he worried about different options. Yet, snow is beyond our control. As his worries grew, I felt a sense of calm. While he listened to the meteorologist; I tried to listen to God. How I prayed! I asked for safety for all travelers, the homeless and for us. I wanted wisdom for drivers of planes, trains and automobiles.

We followed the plan and headed for O'Hare. Although our plane left later than United advertised, we were off just an hour or so behind schedule. As Bob and I talked about simple things other than lists of the many tasks in which we were behind, that sense of calm grew stronger. Bob massaged my wounded leg on flight much to the surprise of the man of seated beside him. But, it worked. The flight, despite the roller coaster imitations during turbulence, did not bring me the agonizing pain as in the past. Once landed, the land didn't have a flake of snow. We safely journeyed via rental car the hour to Stephanie's house. Flakes started to appear as we entered city limits.

We found the way! God was truly with us! Prayers were with us!

We spend so much time fruitlessly worrying about the path, we forget where we are headed. That is so true for our life. We forget life is a journey, the best is yet to come. We forget that our time schedule is not that of God's. We ignore the sense of peace that can be found in the Holy Spirit.

Are you anxious? It's amazing what a little prayer can do! Ponder that after prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment