Saturday, December 5, 2009

Whole Wheat Split Top or Plain Old White

A tired grandmother is sprawled on her daughter's couch contemplating the amount of energy in a two year old grandson. How can legs that small go that far of a distance so quickly? Thanks though God for having him healthy.

I also sit in a state of serenity over my new grandson, Oliver Robert Williams. What a wonderful touch of God's skill in creation. To look at those tiny fingernails, hold him on my chest, listen to his sounds - God is definitely around me. He is alive. What a sense of peace to hold him.

The verse today fits with my new grandmother state.

I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry; whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. John 6:35
Teddy Questions: How many slices of bread did you eat yesterday? Did you have enough?

Wow, an eating verse. That is that Ichida skill that you have heard of often. We have plenty to eat, too much by the looks of our profiles. Yet eating is a cultural past-time. You invite friends for dinner. You meet for a fast lunch. Eating is something that I do well.

Yet God wasn't talking about the whole wheat vs white bread controversy. He was talking about things we need in order to live. We need food and drink. We need air. All else is fluff? Not quite.

I am so happy that Bob and I followed our hearts and had me stay out another week. I can close my eyes and feel the weight of this tiny bundle curled on my chest. The name is French for "peace". That is exactly the feeling I got when I cradled him in my arms. Peace!

I worry about Chris on his next deployment. Obama has sent additional troops to distant lands. We forget about each and every serviceman fighting for peace in faraway lands. I so want and need peace. Let there be an end to the fighting Lord. God, bring them all home safely. Grant each military personel the energy and love extended their ways.

I am off work today and have been so all week. I would not have done that 5 years ago. My priorities are still probably the same, but the power I place on each one has strengthened. God and family are first, followed by work requirements. I will never get the opportunity again to hold my newborn grandson in my arms and rock him. Work can wait.

I love those carbs. Throw in a little fruit and I am set. Breads are wonderful and considered a direct gift from heaven. But God is what I really need. He is my strength. His power of creation is awesome.

Just look at little Oliver and Teddy. I can't forget Andy's and Jacqi's new roommates: Benjamin and Sarah. God is alive. God is the bread of life. God is with me this Advent season.

Do you have other ideas on how God is the bread of your life. If so, write it down. Thanks for reading this. I have heard from some of you that you read but don't comment. That's fine. I will still share my daily ponderings. (I don't think that is a word, but I like it anyway.)

Ponder God who is your bread of life. Find him. He is alive and with you now!

No comments:

Post a Comment