Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Beginning

The verse for the devotion is "From the beginning the Word was with God. Through him, God made all things." written in John 1:2 - 3.

Teddy Questions are
  • What was the first word you ever learned to say?
  • Do you still say it sometimes?
Kind of lame questions for this verse which is kind of funny for anything that comes from the book of John. My memory is bad enough that I don't remember the first word from this sentence let alone my first ever word. I would guess that most people would still use that word although articulation might hopefully be a bit improved.

Beginnings give me things to ponder. The beginning of life is very evident here at Stephanie's. There is the beginning of the movie when all of the credits are given. Beginning school, whether it be kindergarten or grad school, is a huge event. The beginning of the day is not my favorite time of day. I am not a morning person. The beginning of a relationship brings uneasiness, yet hope and wonder.

Beginnings seem to all be a time of excitement with good wishes for the future. That is also true for the beginning of the church year. Messages are mailed in holiday greetings (except for us since I haven't gotten that far yet) with sincere hopes for the very best for loved ones. May all who read this blog have the very best of the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment