Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Will You Do My Laundry?

"You are my servant, in whom I will be glorified." Isaiah 49:3

Teddy Questions: List some of the chores you must do around your house. How do you feel about doing them? Can you do them happily?"

The whole idea of doing chores or having a role of servant sets a resistance nature. There are few places where people are waiting to become a servant.

Before I sign into the site, I need more data. First of all, three are a few details I need to find out before I sign up. What is the pay? What are the hours? Are there fringe benefits? What do I need to do? Whom am I helping?

God doesn't tell us. He works on his time schedule. He wants us to willingly serve despite the pay or fringe benefits. He wants us to actively participate in the world around us. By serving, we are not dropping below others, we are assisting them at their levels. But the word "serving" sounds like hard work that could make me get dirty.

The person I serve sure makes a big difference. I will be happy to clean up dirty items from either of my cute little grandsons. I would gladly get drinks and snacks for my daughter and her husband, but they never let me get that far. I will help Bob with almost all of his requests.

I do serve others though. But I want to serve the people whom I pick. I am active in various serving ministry options. Yet bringing in food to drop off at church and putting extra money in the offering is far different from going to a downtown shelter and assisting with meals there. Buying toddler coats is easier than taking them to their homes in a fellowship activity.

How do I serve? Whom do I serve? Help me God be a better servant in the places and times you pick.









No comments:

Post a Comment