Friday, December 4, 2009

Christ what?

I’m at my computer typing my response to what will be posted tomorrow. I try to be organized even though I only have four members. I am curious about the responses of others. Thanks Michelle and Bob for being open. I need to remind myself that this blog is from me. I am trying to ponder life and get even closer to Christ through my own jabbering. It is giving me a sense of peace. I hope it will help others.

Today’s verse is “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16

Teddy Questions: Why is this holiday called Christmas? Can you think of any other words that start with Christ. . .?

The first word that came to mind was Christian, something I try to be better at.

I love that Jesus is the Son of the living God. He is with me, not in a dusty Bible but the feeling of serenity and peace that comes during quiet times of dialogue through prayer. I KNOW God is with my daughter now as she labors to give birth to a son. I KNOW God is with me now as I sit typing words of thanksgiving. I KNOW God is with my husband, struggling at home with his own chronic pain but awaiting a call about a miracle. I KNOW God is with me when things at work weight my soul. I KNOW God is with me now as I type these words on my new blog.

Yes, I am a Christian. Although too often not Christlike (I don’t think that is a real word) my aim is to slow down and concentrate on the presence of the living God around me. Close your eyes, sit in prayer and God will enfold you in his arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment