Tuesday, November 6, 2012

No More Political Ads


Yeah! Elections are drawing to a close tonight. I told my husband that for his birthday today, I would get him no more political ads for a while. I think that is a pretty good deal. There are a lot of us who have been craving that day.

I don’t get this whole negative campaigning going on that has filled our mailboxes and airwaves for far too long. I don’t understand how it worsens each election even though everybody I know says they don’t like it. Why does the mud slinging continue by politicians if nobody likes it?

The weather is still in the 30’s and rainy. Cool and damp are not two of my favorite forecasts. It surely doesn’t help the moods. Am I the only one who would rather hop in bed all cozy with blankets and read a good book? OK, I wouldn’t exactly hop, perhaps flop and drop would be better verbs.

Bob’s birthday is strange this year. What will the following twelve months bring to him? How will we celebrate next year? I’m trying my best to get out of my funk. With all the chronic illnesses that have invaded our home, I was used to dealing with working to maintain and possibly even improve our health. I’m not used to dealing with trying to slow that downward slide.

I think that last sentence pretty much sums up my emotions lately for my funk has lingered far too long. I’ve past the acceptance stage and am working on the education process, but I’m caught here with the future ready to squish me as it goes by. (And squishing the size of me is a pretty big deal.) Please let me know all of your brilliant, failsafe techniques for kicking that ball right over that hill.

Today, I think a better ending for this blog is:
God Uses My Blog to Prove to Me that Life is Good
                I must live for the moment while I look around me and see my many blessings. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment