Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving


We made the drive to my daughter’s and are anxiously waiting tomorrow, the day of gluttony and ease. She’ll have fifteen gathered around the table, all letting out their waistbands. One of the reasons that my daughter loves Thanksgiving so is that it is time to gather with friends and family and contemplate our many blessings. There is no panic if you have the right gift; instead you come together throughout a relaxing day stuffed with traditions.

We’ll stay here throughout Black Friday morning. Ever since Stephanie was behind the cash register during this unique holiday, she has wanted to experience the frenzy. In the past, she has gone out with my husband for a midnight run through one or two locations. The she wakes me while the skies are still dark to hit some of the biggest deals. Stephanie always studies the newspaper ads and determines the best route. The only requirement is that we need to purchase one gift for ourselves during this day of greed.

We have lots of memories of times we have captured deals and laughed our way through the crowds. My body no longer moves with the ease of a talented shopper, but I will do my best to keep up.

Stephanie and her family will head for a weekend with Chris’ family for the holiday weekend in the early afternoon. We’ll head back home and ease our bones after being loving grandparents and shoppers. Perhaps we might even try to make our home look more festive for the next major holiday.

So special Thanksgiving wishes to all of you who take time to read my musings. I’m blessed to have so many people care about our limited adventures and journeys into medical nightmares. God bless each of you. May your turkeys be moist and desserts be scrumptious. Let your life be good.

God Uses this Blog to Remind Me that Life is Good:
      I just need to slow my days and look around to find that I’m surrounded with God’s blessings.

Oh – Teddy guessed that it would take five minutes to cook the turkey. The oven will be set at one degree. I’m glad he is not the chef!

No comments:

Post a Comment