Friday, November 9, 2012

I Love My Bed


My fabulous daughter has gently unfolded to become a fabulous mother and wife. She has created a home and family unit bursting with Christian love and values. I applaud her actions. She has some Martha Stewart in her that did not come from me. Her color-coded organization just blows my mind. My organization style is more of a “just throw it on the family room table” style. We live in the home that people love to visit because it makes them feel better about their own limited housekeeping skills.

Anyway, for November, she made a construction paper tree that hangs on the pantry door. Each day, she asks her two preschoolers to look around them and tell her something for which they are thankful. Some of the more heart-warming answers include books, windows and bugs. She writes the word and they draw a picture.

This new tradition helps imprint the real definition of Thanksgiving on all who enter her home. It’s an activity that would benefit most of us and help center our minds on our many blessings. In the last post, I briefly wrote of two people who bring joy and thanksgiving to our home. Jill and Cyndi – you are the best!

I probably should write my thanks of all of my family members. I am blessed to have a loving daughter who visibly only shakes her head in disbelief at me on an infrequent basis. Her husband and children are fabulous and always willing to help. I love that family in a manner that only grandmas are able. I have to also note my husband who provides me with support and unconditional love. Life is good.

Instead of singling out people, I wanted to look at life from a different angle. The newest thanksgiving is the disappearance of all of those political advertisements from the mail, phone and television. Hallelujah! Those are done!

My focus on this blog will be to think of more precise thanks. I’m challenging myself to think of honest answers. For example, my thanks for today go to my bed. I love my bed. We have this huge California twin bed that has Temperpedic mattresses and remotes that allow adjustments of the head and foot. When my back is hurting, I can readjust my position multiple times throughout the night without getting out of bed. My head is up when my allergies make lousy bedfellows. This allows Bob to get a reprieve from those awful coughs that would otherwise be heard in Sacramento as soon I would be horizontal. I’m between flat and up when I read my books.

When I decipher my reasons, I notice that my bed gives me comfort and a reprieve from my aches and pains. It helps my back and head by creating unique shapes that support my frame. It also brings comfort to my soul. I can be transported away in my books and dreams. My fish tank in our room allows me to meditate and become fixated on my breathing. It truly allows me to be pampered. What a wonderful way to end each day. Life of Lewy and The Mighty Three (migraines, vertigo and tinnitus) can be better ignored if at least for a short time. Yes, life is good.

God Uses This Blog to Show Me that Life is Good
        I stop my frantic brain and examine my life. Checking for the small stuff brings smiles my way. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment