Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Blub, Blub, Blub


I’m thankful for so many things in my life that blessings overflow from my heart. My challenge was to daily include something ordinary that helps make my life special.
So . . .

I’m thankful for all of our fish tanks. We have multiple aquariums whose lights eerily shine from our home at night. All five are salt-water tanks filled with all sorts of creatures and fish, each with their own personalities. We can point out ones that are bashful, friendly, arrogant and more. The sizes and colors amaze the viewers.

We got our first tank back in 2007, right before Bob’s infamous fall. I know that when he had to do his less-than-fun PT exercises, he did them in front of the tanks to help keep mind over matter. We have my tank up in our bedroom. When I need to stretch out with a migraine or bothersome back, the tanks help calm the jittery nerves.

We love to show them off. People are amazed at all of the living things within the tanks. Our neighbor kids frequently come knocking at the door, begging to feed the fish. Little Ollie would love to provide a feast, so we have to hide the containers before food is flooding the tanks.

Lewy comes with more frenzy when Bob is worried and anxious. Hopefully these tanks can help calm him, which surely beats lots of colorful pills that put all sort of chemicals inside him. We all need some serenity, but Bob requires it in a totally different manner.

So, thanks God for our tanks. They help bring the serenity that we so strive for. We see some of the amazing creatures that inhabit this planet. We can look all around us and say, Life is good.

God Uses My Blog to Remind Me that Life is Good
       You don’t need a snorkel and expensive plane tickets to see the wonders of the sea. Wow! Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment