Saturday, November 3, 2012

Maybe I'll Just Sleep on the Couch


A busy Saturday draws to a close and finds me seated alone on my daughter’s couch. The little ones were put to bed, much later than normal, that’s what happens when grandma babysits. My husband returned home exhausted but happy from the Notre Dame game. Stephanie and Christopher have also called it a day ready to end 15 hours in constant motion.

My body held out for me even with some of the unique expectations placed on it today. I’m not so used to floor puzzles, multiple trips down to a basement, or being a tickle monster for two fantastic toddlers. I love the stuffed snowballs that we threw at each other, and I’m happily surprised that neighbors didn’t call the police. We did pretty well chasing each other in the hopes to zap one of us with a snowball. (I just ordered a set of the Snowball Fight kit from Amazon so watch out if you come over to visit.)

I got the young ‘uns some new clothes that can count for their birthday or Christmas. It’s silly to wait until then to give them the items since they can be wearing them now. Ollie’s new monster shoes have got to be the best purchase. I’ll try to have photos to show off the new goodies.

I’m tired, but it’s a pretty nice tired. It will probably take me 16 years to climb the stairs but it’s more tired and creaky bones other than sharp pains.  I’ll do my prayers in bed, which can take hours. If I do fall asleep while praying, I figure it’s nice having my last thoughts of the day be with God. I’m also hoping to finish my current book on Lewy Bodies Dementia.

Tomorrow will be church and then an early birthday celebration for Bob. We’ll probably leave late afternoon. It’s always hard to leave Stephanie, et al, but I know I will see them in just a couple of weeks for my niece’s wedding. It’s amazing how my grandsons even change in two weeks. I want them to grow nice and strong but does it really have to be at this alarming rate. The zipping calendar spins faster and faster.

So, I’m off to take Einstein out one last time before I hit the hay. I better start talking to God for I have many things for which to thank Him. Hey, I’ll start as I’m climbing the stairs since that takes me so long. Life is good.

God Uses This Blog to Prove that Life is Good:
            Even with a zipping calendar, I manage to enjoy lots of blessings every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment