Friday, November 2, 2012

Busted!


We arrived in Indiana for a weekend of fun with my daughter’s family. Stephanie will take Bob to a Notre Dame football game tomorrow as part of an early celebration of Bob’s birthday. Meanwhile, I will be in charge of the two grandsons since their dad is busy taking master’s classes. I wonder what mischief I can get into.

Bathtub time was a fabulous time tonight even though the boys and I got into a wee bit of trouble. It all started when Teddy “accidentally” sprayed me by squeezing a rubber ducky. Of course that meant that Ollie needed to get into the action. After I had wet pants, watch out grandsons, I can spray you right back. We might of gotten by with our escapades if our peals of laughter would have been reduced by a few millions decibels. Busted! Even so, it was lots of fun for us anyhow.

Stephanie, Bob and Ollie hit the stores to get Bob a Notre Dame sweatshirt leaving me home alone with Teddy giving us time for some educational programming. We watch Wipeout! I think you could have heard us howling with each new splash.

As I sat snuggling with both boys, I turned to my daughter with a complete sense of serenity. Despite our volume, these youngsters emitted so much love that it proved to be intrinsic medication for all my aches and pains. I’m very grateful to have them all close now which only heightens the relationships that I have with my boys. We have our special sayings and routines that have fantastic memories. They know their Nanny loves them. Oh, life is good.

God Uses This Blog to Prove that Life is Good:
            Time with grandchildren keep me feeling young enough that you almost can’t hear my creaking bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment