Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Cookies for Breakfast


Because of the cold and drizzly weather, my body expressed its desire to stay comatose with the blankets pulled up to my chubby ears this morning. I was awake enough with the time change. It’s pretty much of a miracle for my eyes to be open and brain cranking any hour with just a single digit.

I came downstairs to find that Einstein had more energy than I. He was observing the fabulous nutrition skills of this household. Cyndi, one of Bob’s wonderful friends from back at workdays sent this great container of Mrs. Field’s cookies for his birthday. Now that is my kind of friend. We had left the treats on the family room coffee table after waiting up past my bedtime for election results. Our brains were on voting overload. Well needless to say, Einstein felt these goodies would make a perfect breakfast treat. Luckily, I arrived at the crime scene before he could scarf down more than one small package. If it had been any more, I would have needed to be on bereavement leave.

I worry about my body behaving through these next months. I love working with Jill and don’t want to let her down. I fear that I am dragging, but as soon as I see those smiling faces, I perk right up. God sent Jill my way. She’s great with the kids and really is working hard to include me in our activities. She’ll be stuck hearing about many of my own health concerns and worries about my husband. I’m excited about the forced friendship in which I have her cornered. What a blessing to be in a loving, Christian environment.

So, I use my little stimulator to zap me through my day. Pain pills are unfortunately used more than I prefer, but without them my days would be horrid. I’m not getting much done on many of these days, but at least I have an excuse. I wouldn’t be getting anything done anyways, but I’ll pretend that my home would be otherwise immaculate with culinary delights besides those Mrs. Field’s cookies.

The clock shows it’s time to be getting ready for some beauty sleep. The beauty is not improving so I assume that I just need more practice. That sounds logical to me. Maybe I should just take up all those cookies so I could have breakfast in bed. Those yummies could just make tomorrow morning start off right.

God Uses My Blog to Remind Me that Life is Good
       I can forget about my squeaky body and focus on wonderful friends like Jill and Cyndi. Boy, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment