Monday, November 19, 2012

Magical Moments


We had a wonderful weekend, as close to perfection as possible. Stephanie, et al, came to town, so that always cheers me up. My aches and pains are cushioned with each little grin I receive from the grandsons. Teddy tells his own version of jokes that only grandmothers can love. Ollie just has to be Ollie. There’s such a natural joy when God places children in my presence. I love all their antics and giggles. Life is good.

Our niece got married this weekend; so much of our time was devoted to family near and far. The precious grandsons danced until 11 and could have kept on going, but the adults with them were ready for bed. There was a photo booth at the reception, which I have heard is the latest craze. It was more than that. You should see our pictures complete with hats, boas, and amazing hats. I got a chance to spend time with another niece who lives out of state and has grown up without me getting to know her. We did our best to make up for that and I am thrilled that we did. Life is good.

Bob and I also got to get our pictures taken with Stephanie, Christopher and the boys. The photographer was able to capture all of us with eyes open and smiles wide. I so much wanted to get some nice pictures. We have more than enough stuff, and I have definitely learned that life can change at a moment’s notice. With Lewy in the house, I needed a nice shot of just Bob and I also. Last year’s picture lacked - I’ll leave it at that. I am so ecstatic with the results and even ordered photo Christmas cards. Life is good.

We ended the weekend with time together in worship and then a trek into the city for the Barnum and Bailey circus. I don’t know who had the best time. Ollie loved all the animals: elephants, lions, dogs, horses, tigers, leopards, cats and more. Loud motorcycles kept our interest. Teddy told us afterwards that Stephanie and I could take the positions of those lithe ladies swinging in the sky. Take a moment and picture that. Life is good since I don’t do that for a profession.

I talked with my dental hygienist this afternoon about the new presence of Lewy in the house. I realized that in many ways, we are lucky to have this diagnosis. I have really grasped the ecstasy in each good minute. I’m not sure when Lewy will grab even more from my home, so I beg God for the best of each moment. This weekend was jam packed with those miracle minutes. Life is good!

God Uses My Blog to Remind Me that Life is Good:
          I diagnose my days to find all those miracle minutes packed in my life. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment