Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Paparazzi

Bob and I were able to worship together at our home church today. In so many ways, it felt like we were finally home after too long of a break. How comforting to have so many people greet us afterwards with thoughts of love and concern. We were surrounded with the warm love of our Christian family that shielded our hearts, cushioned our falls and strengthened our minds. Now, I’m not claiming the popularity of the paparazzi for no cameras were noticeable, but I almost felt like Angelina and Brad. You could feel the tightly woven support of a congregation genuinely concerned about us. That illusion cracked when I saw Bob grasp his walking stick while my vision had people spinning. Although our church is known for its strong musical program, I doubt that the congregation practiced a May pole dance as they left the worship service.

The communion bread and wine filled my soul with a reminder that love is still there. I bravely swallowed the wafer without even checking it for natural flavoring or coloring. Those items are strictly forbidden with my new dietary restrictions. Who knew that all that natural stuff was filled with MSG? Try looking for items that don’t include those forbidden three letters that now govern what goes in my ever-moving mouth.

I was truly amazed at the number of people commenting on these goofy posts. Although there is a counter at the bottom of this site, I just imagined those numbers swirling with no apparent reason much the same as my head. You silly folk don’t post comments but send encouragement via my email. Post some comments if you feel so inclined or just shake your head in wonder of my household.

One could still see their surprise at my wiggly route and shaky hands. Although Mayo provided us with new hope, there was no magical cure or promised paradise at the end our stay. It’s disheartening to still cringe with certain sounds, bounce off surrounding walls, and answer phones not ringing. The drop off Great Expectation Cliff generally creates a crash echoing for days on end. How blessed to have our congregation there to stop the downward spin.

With that I will end my ramblings for the day. Let me know if you find any good grub that prefers the unnatural route. I can also eat leeks and chard, but I don’t know those weird green things. Apricots are ok if they aren’t overripe. I’ve always despised overripe fruit, so I am content with that.

Advantage of The Mighty Three:

  • There’s the feel of the paparazzi while you bounce off the walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment