Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Catch That Food

Wow! We have been back since Friday night and are still trying to adjust to life after Mayo. Part of the confusion is due to the fact that our first floor is under renovation. It’s amazing how dust can cover every square inch of our home, maybe even Roselle, or Illinois. If your house is getting dusty, you can blame it on our construction. At least I did learn that the doctors were correct when they discovered that I was allergic to dust and mold. Wow! I shouldn’t have had to take that portion of the allergy test. Just open up your front door and hear me hacking away. Despite extra covers for our vents, plastic covering doorways and me being home as little as possible, I know we won’t be undergoing something like this again for the next 326 years.

I bought the golf umbrella for some of my visual desensitization exercises. It’s striped. I twirl the umbrella and stare at it to then record how long my vertigo has me going in circles. I’ve got a huge timer on my laptop to record the time. That works well as long as I can find the computer. Don’t they know it is bad luck to open up an umbrella inside the house?

I’ve tried to be a good girl with this new migraine diet. I thought I could order the salad during lunch, but after examining the menu, I knew this was not going to be my meal. The lettuce was fine, but not the cheese, nuts, mandarin oranges, raisins or dressing. I can’t have bread that was baked that day so forget Subway. I am still crying so hard at my lack of chocolate, my tears soften the older bread.

We received our first bill from Mayo. Thank goodness for insurance. Tell me why a MRI should cost over $5,000. When you realize this didn’t cover our hotel or food (before I knew that chocolate was stricken from my sight), I know we will only be having bread and water for the next 37 months. Wait! I can’t have fresh bread. Houston, I have a problem.

Thanks for all of your encouraging words. I was amazed that some people actually called to let me know that they missed my daily blogs. I will try to be more faithful, but with me coughing with this dust, it might take me awhile. Meanwhile, I am looking for a clapper to locate my computer. With this vertigo, it is flying all over the place.

Advantage of The Mighty Three:

  • The dizziness prevents me from overeating too much. I can’t catch the food let alone keep it on silverware. I should really be filmed.

1 comment:

  1. People take drugs on purpose to experience all of the thrills and trips that are coming naturally to you. Is your house open to the public so that others may enjoy the sights? I sure hope all of this leads you back to normal ! Wait it has been so long do you remember what "normal " is ?

    ReplyDelete