Thursday, January 20, 2011

It Should Have Been Forty-One

Two doctor appointments took place today. My first was with a doctor to go over my many prescriptions. There had been a redundancy in medications. This doctor offered ideas that I can later discuss with my doctors at home. I agreed with his choices except for the pills that are a pretty green. Most of my others are boring white. I need a little jazz in that handful of pills that I down each day.

My second appointment was with my “advisor” who works with patients with The Mighty Three. He went over all the reports from other doctors along with their recommendations. He also suggested that I see another team at one of the hospitals associated with the clinic.

Bob and I headed back to the hotel. Our bags were all packed, so all we needed to do was pile everything in the car before we headed back to Chicagoland. Bob was grateful that we were getting out ahead of the cold front heading this way. Then, there was “the call”. There was an opening tomorrow for the appointment I needed. Would I be interested in that?

So, plans can and do get changed. How great to avoid a special trip up here just for this visit. Once these testing measurements are attained, they can get me into the two-week pain clinic earlier than expected. Back the luggage away from the door! (Make that “beep – beep – beep” sound made by large trucks when they back up. This is called Do It Yourself Sound Effects. It keeps the price of the blog lower!) We’re here one more night.

Yesterday, I wrote about my nineteen-hour reprieve from my new diet restrictions. Stephanie feels this is all just a plot to allow more chocolate to flow through my bloodstream. The title yesterday should have been “Forty One More Hours”.

PLUS, a heat wave is coming through. The temperatures tonight were forecast to drop to twenty below. Yep, that doesn’t even include the wind chill. The newest meteorologist is now predicting nineteen below. Yippee! Bob and I are obviously not out hitting the bars tonight. I’ve assumed my position for the evening – sitting up in bed with the bedspread pulled up to my armpits.

So, I think we will head out of Rochester tomorrow. My appointment is at 9:45 AM. This time we will pack the car beforehand.

Bob is amused. There is a service that provides meals delivered from many of the local restaurants. There is a huge variety – everything from a nice steak restaurant to Subway. When he just made our dinner “reservations” the woman who answered the call recognized Bob’s voice. Is that a sign that we have been here for a long time?

I have to go get ready for dinner. That involves straightening the bedspread and sitting up a little taller. It’s a shame that there is no chocolate in Chinese. We have to get up early, but many of you realize that I’m known for my love of early morning.

Advantage of The Mighty Three

  • You learn to deal with changes in schedules. Flexibility is the key word! We have to be flexible in our thoughts because our bodies sure don’t bend anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment