Wednesday, February 9, 2011

No Sand Here!

Well, we are home from Jamaica and back to reality. There was no snow or cold winds while we were playing on the beach. There were two wonderful grandsons who are now too far from my frozen tundra. Many resort employees have never seen snow and were curious about this white precipitation.

I was curious about how my health (or lack of it) would affect this vacation. Would I be able to keep up with these active youngsters? How would I impact my daughter’s family on the fun-meter? Would I be able to leave behind my Mighty Three?

The answers are almost, not sure, impossible. My little guys kept me moving but were also the best medicine I could ever have. I treasure the new memories made. My son-in-law inaccurately worried that we would consider ourselves free babysitters, but we instead treasured the opportunities of time spent together. The Mighty Three followed me to this tropical island and managed to sneak back home too.

I was still able to consume heaping plates of delicious food while guzzling fun drinks with cute umbrellas. There were stairs about every three feet throughout the sprawling grounds that led me to hope that I was then burning thirty million calories each day. Snapshots of my sausage body pushing from a size 38 bathing suit brought shudders through me. Do you think these vibrations used many calories?

I did need to limit time on the beach. Watching the tides swaying over sand had me swaying when I tried to walk. The tinnitus unfortunately lacked the reggae beat. It is amazing how those grandbabies kept my migraines tolerable during those days filled with sunshine.

We even tried morning aerobics in the main pool. Despite the cold water, we warmed up our chicken-skinned frames. That reminds me of another benefit of this goofy body.

Today’s Advantage of the Mighty Three:

  • You have an excuse for not perfecting movements during aerobics as you struggle to avoid vertigo attacking your fat frame. Is it the vertigo or the out of shape body?

No comments:

Post a Comment