Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Triple Lutz and Double Axel

We came to a small mental breakdown today that immediately occurred following a major physical breakdown. Basically, Bob and I had both reached a point that not only broke the camel’s back but there will be a funeral for seventeen of those creatures tomorrow at noon. Sorry, no food will be served following the ceremony because we haven’t figured out exactly what I can eat. I will discuss the whole food catastrophe on a future date.

My faithful followers know that our first floor is considered unfit for habitation at this time. We can uncomfortably deal with that. Our problem was how to get to the upstairs level. The floor tile was laid, but we couldn’t walk on it. To get to the stairs from the front door one must perform a triple lutz jump immediately after a double axel. The ice skating terms are related to the winter weather that complicates the process. Try doing that while taking off dripping winter boots prior to landing on the stairs. Bob and I attempted these moves with little success. We gave our best efforts with a death spiral when Einstein was persuaded to go out in the cold. All I can say is, “Not a pretty sight!”

The contractor was advised of our concerns and thankfully, some changes were made. Some of the plastic covering the doorways and stairwell were removed. (I forgot to mention that plastic was taped sealing the hallway from a small portion of the dust now flying freely through the air.) I don’t know whether I gasped more from lack of oxygen due to my allergy to dust or from the exertion extended from my less than Olympian body.

I’ll leave it there for now. Stay tuned for my reflections on this yummy migraine diet and updates on my vertigo visual desensitization exercises. You can comment on your predictions about those matters. I would love to hear your ideas.

Advantage of The Mighty Three:

  • You don’t have to worry about getting a fifth Olympic gold medal. You just have to find the couch.

·

No comments:

Post a Comment