Saturday, June 30, 2012

My 'Fro

My words have been minimal throughout this week. Weather-wise one could label it as hot, humid and hot again. My hair resembles that popular style you could achieve after sticking your fingers in the light socket. Hopefully, people will incorrectly label it as an attempt to mirror the Afro look popular in my teenage years.

On Thursday, we drove to Indiana for a walk through on Stephanie’s beautiful new home. Things looked great. With our ailments, we found some minor things needing help. Bob discovered the railing on the stairs is loose as he grabbed hold climbing up. I noticed a wobbly closet door as I leaned after doing all that climbing. They also don’t have oxygen to help climbing up stairs. See, chronic pain has its advantages. Her home though is absolutely gorgeous. Bob offered to move in once he saw the kitchen and family room. May they be blessed with many happy memory-making experiences.

I mentioned earlier this week that I would make a synopsis of our mail. The box has been emptier than usual actually bringing us a few less bills. Before I get too excited, I realize that many of our bills come in the e-bill format. Let’s examine today’s pile.

Angie’s List sent us another mini-catalogue touting its recommendations. Another mini-catalogue was sent from a gift store that carries Wee Folk Mice, a favorite of Bob. So far, this doesn’t explain a great deal other than we strive to find good deals, but also enjoy satisfying our need for cute collections.  Bob also got a postcard describing a free workshop explaining how to maximize Social Security. OK – we’re old, or at least Bob is since he also got his retirement money. Sam’s sent us a small booklet with bragging rights for great deals.  Our vet sent an appeal to buy Heartguard from them. The last envelope begged Bob to buy some new coin. It went in the garbage before Bob saw it.

So, Bob is old or archaic and someone in the house likes collections. No, that does not include my dreams of a chocolate ice cream collection. We have a pet. That would be Einstein, not Bob. We try to be careful with our purchases but are also able to spend some cash, or credit, for fun, especially if it is in honor of those cute little grandsons. Bob is the one with the looser wallet. I have to watch his nutty expenditures. With that description, it is pretty darn close to dead on.

People can tell a lot from your mail. I’m just glad that we didn’t get anything embarrassing the last couple of days.

Whew – life is hot and humid, but good too!

God Uses My Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good
        -  Our decrepit bodies notice different things than those youngin’s who can easily fly up the stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment