Friday, June 15, 2012

Good Morning Mr. Dinosaur

I’m not really sure where the time has gone and am somewhat aghast that it has been four days since I last wrote on this blog. There is really no excuse or no marvelous adventures for the days are just silently ticking by. We’re getting used to the change of seasons and constantly bless our air conditioning that is running away. Our salt-water tanks really heat up the house, particularly the family room and add humidity that is not needed at this time.

Last night, we were the guests of friends at the local baseball game. They are a non-affiliated team with lots of fun competitions between innings. We saw water balloon fights, knock the head off a costumed foe and rolling a tire from first to third base. No, that wasn’t Bob after sipping a brew. They are all goofy stunts from volunteers that still bring smiles to those in the stands.

I’m lacking motivation and need to get my tush moving more. When I stayed with my little grandsons, they greeted me each morning by sneaking in my room for early snuggles. They didn’t want to lay and chat about the day as I envisioned by my past experiences with my grandmother. Beware of jumps on my stomach, racing cars careening up my legs and dinosaurs roaring 3.2 inches from my blinking eyes. I loved it. I frequently took a head break for a short time in the afternoon. There were no chances of sleeping too long for a toddler would soon be wanting me up to play. I got my exercise from races down the hall, pushing swings at the playground and tackling toddlers. Bob is not too interested in climbing on a nearby swing, so my days are now much more sedate on my own turf.

There’s a lot that I should be doing so perhaps I need to write more frequently as a daily accountability. Who wants to read a blog to hear the adventures of someone who naps most of the day. Even relaying my exciting games of Words with Friends might be a snoozer for those not closely involved.

I’ve been reading on Pinterest some free and easy activities to accomplish with your children now that summer has arrived. Although many of the activities would have our neighbors shaking their heads in disbelief, I’m sure that I can come up with two or ninety things to accomplish around the house. I guess you will just have to stay tuned.

So I will do my best to be more exciting tomorrow. The challenge is on. I hope you can somehow manage to sleep after reading this thrilling page. I will work on a summer bucket list that even you might find interesting.

God Uses My Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good
        -  I am able to arrange my own day into boring or exciting. I get to be the one to help people say that life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment