Thursday, June 21, 2012

Happy Summer

Happy first day of summer! I’ve written the opening paragraphs of today’s blog seventy two times which is unheard of for me. Usually, I say a prayer for God to help me find the witty words, apologize to the daughter and hubby ahead of time so I don’t embarrass them of anything too outrageous and then type away. Jabbering doesn’t involve a heavy dosage of brain use. Consider the source.

We all have known that 2012 is no exception to the weather confusion caused by more than just global warming. My personal range of acceptable weather conditions is quickly narrowing, and I admittedly spend more than my time allotment complaining about the weather. I hate to stop my loud words of complaint since complaining is one thing that I accomplish quite well. Even so, I want to continue with my list of summer suggestions while my fingers are still moving.

The rest of this post will contain items 16 through 20 of easy things to do with your significant other in your personal trek to a good life. There are so many sites, books and garbage mail aimed at convincing you to spend your time and money having fun with your family in order for your kids to be accepted in any future college choices. You must use a second mortgage to go convince your family that Fun should legally be your new last name. I wanted to come up with some more realistic ways to check in with your honey and remind each other why you fell in love. (Isn’t that sweet?) So, on with my list.

16. Pull out old photo albums. You can either remark on how handsome everyone used to be or convince each other you are far more gorgeous now. Avoid comments about puffy hair, huge glasses and unusual clothing styles. We all know that those trends will be popular again soon enough. Nobody has gained weight; it’s just something in the air that is shrinking clothing.

17. Lock the doors, pull the shades and spend the day in pajamas. Do whatever you want to do as long as it involves relaxation. Have a day of rest. For God, the seventh day was to be with no work. Now we are too ashamed to sit down and let our minds slow down. I dare you to post a message on the computer during the day before and then turn off your phones, unplug the laptops and spend time together. Will you make it past noon?

18. Get out an old cookbook or pull out your parents’ old recipes, then make some delicious treat that is full of sugar, butter, and white flour. Maybe make some cookies but eat plenty of cookie dough before they hit the oven. Make a mess when you are pretending to be bakery chefs. Ignore looking at fat grams; that is just some sort of scientific conspiracy. Enjoy!

19. Go and get a massage together. My husband now understands the essence of this luxury and quickly dons those white robes at resorts. Let the masseuse gently work out some of those tension kinks. Try oil or those delightful warm stones. Close your eyes and “be with the moment.” That feels so good even typing it down. Can you hear that spa music in the background?

20. Hit a local winery for a tasting or two. You can frequently purchase some appetizers to go with a glass of wine. Practice your swirling – of the wines not your bodies. It’s generally awkward to get up from those wooden floors and pretend you meant to slip to a horizontal position. Plus, fights with your significant other can arise when he walks off pretending not to know you. The whole idea is to spend some quality time together to remind you that life is good.

God Uses My Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good
      -  You can always blame your pain on those awkward flips and slips to the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment