Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Mail

It’s funny how much your daily US mail tells about you. There’s times when the mailbox is literally stuffed with that slow mail, yet when I go through the items that we received, I find myself tossing it all in the garbage. I cringe at the wasted postage from organizations begging for our money or catalogues that I probably won’t even open. They will however find their way to our family room table where they are scattered, just begging to be opened, but instead sliding all over the place.

I’m going to take a few days and tell you what our postal carrier (see how politically correct that I can be) brings to our home. I will include every item that we get. I hope that I won’t come back to regret my openness. Go ahead and start your polls on
the number of politicians who will brag about their accomplishments, bags of medicine and magazines that I won’t even read. (You see, Bob signed us up for boecoo magazines in order to receive some exciting gnome or crop on Farmville. I love him, but I could shoot him sometimes.)

Let me start with the big items first. We got a copy of Arthritis Today. Now that is one magazine that I will actually peruse. The articles make me giggle. “A Sweet  Way to Lose Weight” is one that makes me guffaw right away. Why in tarnation do they even need to mention the word “sweet.”? It better include a lunch of Snickers and chocolate cake with an evening of chocolate chip cookies and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. I doubt it! There’s also “Find Your Joy Again.” Who says I lost my joy? It’s just scrunched underneath that pile of magazines on my table.

Bob also got two big envelopes from Mayo Clinic. Boy, that sure brings back the memories. Bob will see the neurology department beginning on July 23rd. They are very thorough in the detailed forms that I probably will be the one completing. They might even question the number of catalogues we receive and his great grandfather’s shoe size.

He got a copy of the church newsletter from The Buddhist Temple of Chicago. His mom was a member and we have provided donations in her honor. Like any church, they could use some more money. No jokes there.

We got a mailing from Cabela’s, Bob’s favorite store in the whole wide world. He could open up his own store of fishing goodies with all the “stuff” he has in the basement. My poor hubby gets dehydrated when we go there by so much drooling. They promise $20 off any $120 purchase. That still means that we have to spend $100. (See how good I am at math!) I’ll toss that one in the trash before Bob sees it and gets any ideas. Right with it is an advertisement about a SPECIAL release of ORIGINAL Morgan Silver Dollars. There are lots of capitol letters and exclamation marks begging us to open it up. Sorry, trash! If Bob gets a hold of that, our checking will be in major troubles.

St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital sent me cute address labels while asking me to send back money in return. I forgot about address labels. We get about four packages each week. We could never use them all with just mail. I might start sticking them throughout the house though to remind me of my name on those bad days.

There is also a postcard from InkPixi. I bought some T-shirts from them once and they still remember me. I would rather have the money they waste in postage to me than all of these postcards. We also received some small print information from the National Financial Services LLC. That’s another place that sends out tons. They probably are partially financed by some ophthalmologist who is enjoying watching me scrunch up my forehead in my struggle to read all of this worthless information.

The last thing is from Medicare providing a summary of Bob’s doctor appointments. That will just get him in a frazzle as he double, no triple, better quadruple check the dates and amounts. It will be a late one for him tonight.

That’s our mail for today. Stay tuned. It shows that life is good since so many people think we have all this money to spend on “stuff”.

God Uses My Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good
     -  We got proof that more doctors will check on Bob while we get 3% of the bill paid. Is that the joy that Arthritis Today was talking about?

No comments:

Post a Comment