Friday, June 22, 2012

To Do's for a Ta Dah Day

I’m curious to your reactions concerning my list of Summer Thrills or To Do’s for a Ta Dah Day. People very rarely respond to the things I write, but now I wish I could crawl straight through your Skype and peek at you while you read these postings. (I promise I won’t take pictures if it is a bad hair day or your clothing choices are beyond Friday casual.) I would love to picture all of you lying outside looking at the clouds or better yet eating your way through the alphabet. Can my words elicit actions? If I can’t convince my husband or even myself to watch some old movies, my words probably aren’t igniting action to make a Ta Dah Day. I’m curious though which suggestions peek your interest and have you take pause. Could they even gather up steam and get you to come up with your own options? What a great transition into my first idea for today.

21. Make your own life-long bucket list, alone or together. You should always be working toward accomplishing one item. Then compile another group of simple ways to spend time with your significant other or your family. Peek at what I have gathered for some inspiration to get you going. If an old lady like me can come up with 25 things, you should be able to figure out at least ten! I would love to see them somehow too. Put them on Facebook, comment on a post or drop me an email.

22. Spend time rattling through a museum, preferably one you haven’t seen for a long time. Get lost in the time and just enjoy the exhibits before you get to be the age to be considered a relic yourself. Just wander and enjoy. Sit back and look at all the wonders, I don’t mean the human ones even though that often can be more enjoyable.

23.  Bite the bullet and go for a road trip. This involves some bravery for you need to head out with no destination already determined. I realize those silly men with those goofy white coats might come to chase you around since the exorbitant price at the pump hasn’t allowed this behavior since I was a child. Just hit the roads and see what you can discover. If you have a GPS and need a little more structure, aim the directions toward some unknown POI (point of interest). Nearby ones are the Americana Hollywood Museum in Metropolis, Illinois or the Chester Gould – Dick Tracy Museum in Woodstock, Illinois. Drive over to Indiana for the world’s largest ketchup bottle. You can be astounded by what surrounds you.

24. Start a new hobby. Bob and I picked up geocaching a couple of years ago, which is similar to an adult Easter egg hunt with a GPS and coordinates. The cost is minimal and you even get some exercise. There are several Frisbee Golf Courses around my neck in the woods. Just make sure your ego can take a little pounding if you lack the ability to throw far or straight.

25. My daughter did a variation of this for her hubby and sons. Think of perhaps 25 reasons why you love your spouse. Write each one on a post-it note. Repeat then put them all over the bathroom mirror or inside the dash of the car. I think it probably feels good both directions – reading and writing. If you can only come up with 2 or 3 reasons, gulp, you are in big trouble and REALLY need to do this.

There are my 25 things. I have a shorter checklist format of my To Do Ta Dah’s at the conclusion of today’s blog. Hopefully it will bring a little fun. I’ll let you know our success in July. First I have to convince my husband to be romantic. Yikes this might be more difficult than I first imagined. Stick with it though since life is good.

God Uses My Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good
-       I get to have a blog with a few loyal followers who actually read these crazy thoughts. Wow!

25 Good Ways to Remember Why You Fell in Love
        Or
25 Average Ways to Spend a Day with Your Significant Other
       Or
25 Lame Topics for a Blog on Chronic Pain

1. Go for a long walk around the neighborhood. 
2. Take some goodies to the local police or fire department.
3. Buy some frozen juice things for neighborhood kids.
4. Try to catch a jarful of lightning bugs.
5. Read some classic book that missed you as a child.
6. Look at the cloud formations.
7.  Write a note to someone in your life who might need a smile.
8. Take the opportunity to brag about an employee to the boss.
9. Buy two bouquets of flowers. Give one to a neighbor and keep the other for yourself.
10. Eat your way through the alphabet.
11. Do something out of the routine.
12. Watch a couple of old movies on TV.
13. Be a visitor to your own city.
14. Catch up with old friends.
15. Go out on a date. 
16.  Pull out old photo albums.
17. Spend the day in pajamas.
18.  Make some delicious treat from an old recipe
19. Get a massage together.
20. Go to a local winery for a tasting.
21. Make your own life-long bucket list.
22. Visit an unknown museum
23.  Go for a road trip to an unusual or unknown destination.
24. Start a new hobby.
25. Leave post-it notes on why you love your spouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment