Saturday, June 9, 2012

Creaky but Happy Bones

I have arrived home after a busy two weeks away. It seems strange not reading a nighttime story or helping anyone with his pajamas. With those fun filled days, I feel more invigorated to keep moving. There is nothing like the force of a toddler pulling on your hand and heart to get you moving in a hurry.

Teddy didn’t understand why I called Bob so frequently. His mom doesn’t call Daddy when he is gone because the phone reception on a submarine is lousy. He also thought that I drank an awful lot of water. We hit three more states to Teddy’s challenge to visit all 50. Calorie laden foods like French fries, po’ boys and beignets were snarfed down at some of these sites. Teddy knew there was always time for puzzles and trains plus trips to playgrounds and pools.

I was fortunate enough to spend a lot of time with these cuties. While in Mississippi, they slept in my hotel room each night.  I love the snuggles and early morning hugs. We listened to Ollie and had a Caillou marathon each night at bedtime. Can there be a better way to bring happy dreams? Basically, we were together 24/7 and I wouldn’t change a second of it.

I do have to admit that my speed was starting to slow down as the calendar pages kept turning. I tended to be the caboose while herding children more for my benefit that theirs. I could drift off to sleep if I got too comfortable reading a book but would awaken with Teddy’s nose approximately two inches from my own.

My suitcase is staying packed until tomorrow after church. I’ve got lots for which to give thanks to God. How blessed I am to have such a wonderful family to visit and the finances to pay for it. Stay tuned for more tomorrow. Life is good.

God Uses My Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good
       I’m slower and creakier getting up from the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment