Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wrestling a Polar Bear?

For my virtual Bible study, we are still in the book of Ephesians. We are currently on those confusing verses where wives need to submit to their husbands while love is for the reversal. I’m so blessed to have a great hubby who does love me and readily states that throughout the days. We use that triad of words when we hang up the phone or independently leave the household. What powerful words which mean so much.

Yet, Bob does much more than just says, “I love you.” He shows it in countless other ways. Let me give you some examples:

1.     He covers me up with one of my beloved throws when I fall asleep on the couch.
2.     He joins Einstein and greets me at the door when I return home.
3.     He always gets me an Easter lily or Christmas poinsettia at the designated holiday.
4.     He gives me a kiss each morning as he heads downstairs and I roll over for more zzz’s.
5.     He carries my silverware and napkins when we go through a buffet line.
6.     He’ll walk Einstein when the weather is cold so I can be lazy and stay inside with the throw from number one.
7.     He makes sure the fridge is well stocked with a plethora of fruits before he galavants out for fishing or sports watching. (He also leaves me with the credit card, but I'm the cheap one of the family when it goes to spending money.)
8.     He encourages my card making habit.
9.     He gets out and greets me with a towel at poolside when we are at an outside swimming pool.
10. He leaves me little loving notes whenever he packs a lunch for me.
11. He’ll make all the goodies that I volunteer to make for potlucks and buffets.
12. He goes up to change his clothes before we leave when I give him “that look.”
13. He’ll hunt for those lost keys, book, shoes or countless other items when I misplace them. (He also almost always finds them for me too.)
14. He cleans my glasses every morning and lets me see that there is a world behind those messy lenses.
15. After I plant all my flowers on nice May days, he will water them all on hot and mosquitoey days in July.
16. He goes to get the car to pick me up when it is raining, too cold, too hot, yadda, yadda, yadda.
17. He says I look nice even when I am hidden inside 324 extra pounds of padding.
18. He is pretty darn quiet when he lets me “sleep in” in the morning. (Note: Number 18 is written with the prerequisite knowledge that he IS a male. That now makes sense to all the women readers.)
19. He’ll clean up messy kitchens after I attempt to make a meal.
20. He screens all those phone calls when my body just isn’t up to gabbing on the phone. His excuses for me not getting the phone are pretty creative too. (Sorry, she can’t come to the phone now. She’s wrestling with a polar bear that just snuck in the house.)

That’s just a few things from the list. I encourage all you lovebirds to make such a list on your own. Then when there is an oops of the tongue or dirty socks strewn over the bedroom floor, you’ll be reminded of what makes that spouse so easy to love and why you can confidentially say, “Life is good.”

God Uses My Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good:
-       He gives me a hubby who daily helps my struggles with my pain and lets us “share” our stock of pain pills.

The virtual Bible study that I talk about is www.goodmorninggirls.org

No comments:

Post a Comment