Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Three B's: Boxes, Beauty and Bids (Oops, sorry Bob!)

My “To Do” list has grown exponentially even over the time I was asleep. There are many items that need to be accomplished in this home, most of which involve sorting through boxes in order to decide if there is any hidden value. I personally feel like it would be much easier just to toss the boxes without looking inside, but my cheap side would never let that happen.

My stamping stuff has spread like a scrawny vine from my desk to the dining room table out the door throughout Roselle and even Illinois. Keep watching for I’m positive that it soon will be in a town near you. These items show the greed that lies hidden in the recesses of my heart. I used to sell Stampin’ Up but have since become my only customer.  When ordering, I do label some items for each of my grandsons or my unknowing husband just so it looks better. My sister-in-law put in a nice order earlier this month just to help ease my soul. She taught me a clever way to greatly reduce the storage space of my beloved stamps, but meanwhile they have overtaken my poor home. The process is a lengthy one however and requires me to make even more of a mess. Oh boy!

We still have some boxes in the basement and this time through the miracles of my hubby, they have doubled and tripled like sly little bunnies. He has transformed the space into a man cave with tools covering every open space. It’s difficult for me to clean down there for I still am unable to reach and bend. If I do forget and extend my arm, my stimulator sends me a shock reminding me of my promise to limit my movements.

Bob needs Surgery II on his poor foot. He broke it back in December of 2010 while walking our little pooch. It took three different hospital visits until his hunch of a break was located. He never felt as if it healed correctly and wouldn’t you know that the hardware placed during Surgery I caused a stress fracture in another place on his foot thus creating the need for this new trip to the operating room. They get to take out the first hardware and put in a revised version complete with buttons and string. We know the date of his operation but we are still waiting on the time. Anyway, that will fill our Thursday on our calendar.

Meanwhile, I feel quite complete huddled in the corner of my couch. There are multiple computer games to help pass the time. I love Words with Friends and would be indebted to anyone out there agreeing to help my addiction. I primarily send my plea to those of you with limited vocabulary who promise not to cheat with a dictionary. Slingo and Gardens of Time are other worthless games that steal my time. Plus a book rests on my end table, calling out to be read and appreciated.

So I’m off to Macy’s. (I bet you didn’t see that in any transition.) It’s Clinique Bonus Days so I need to go get my free stuff. That is how this cobwebbed brain works. Forget that there is a minimum purchase prior to my obtaining my free items. It’s free. That’s the same mentality defining why I need to avoid EBay where I win stuff. You get the idea. There are probably others out there suffering from these same afflictions, so I’m still able to keep my head held high. I’ll wait for EBay until I’m home with my Clinique stuff. Boy, life is good!

God Uses My Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good
-       My limited mobility has my confined to my home more frequently with plenty of time for me to place my bids on EBay. J

No comments:

Post a Comment