Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Fashion Diva Arrives in Kansas

We’ve officially changed the season, and I love every bit of it. Watching flowers slowly peek from the earth and the tiny new blossoms of magnolia and forsythia sends happy shivers to my soul. Rebirth is such a wonderful theme, one that hopefully works for me too.

I’ve been taking longer strolls with my pooch lately partially in celebration of the wonderful weather that we now have in Chicagoland. (Sorry Phoenix – enjoy the snow!) These walks help a little on my daily struggle to lose weight plus they add a little spring in my steps. Unfortunately, the spring is added to the wobbles. I’ve learned that whenever there is anything from a gentle breeze to hurricane winds, my body attempts its impersonation of a gyroscope. In the winter, or projected colder weather that we will probably have in July, I just need to pull up my hood prior to facing Mother Nature. With weather in the 80’s and beautiful sunshine, I don’t require a coat. With no coat there is no hood. With no hood there is no balance. With no balance there is Janet preparing for Dancing with the Stars.

Does anyone have any hints or suggestions about what I can do? I was thinking of using a scarf something like those from That Girl or The Patty Duke Show. Those headbands were still behind the ear though. Maybe I could start a new trend. Do you realize there is a web site entitled 37 Ways to Tie a Scarf and multiple YouTube entries that could come to my assistance? Yet none of the ones I have looked at have one’s ears in hiding. Drat!

Now Bob would have me wearing colorful, fuzzy earmuffs to block out the wind. Better yet, he would buy expensive Bose headphones that weigh 96 pounds and are 4 feet in depth. Neither one would get me any stylish points. My idea is not to gain notoriety with an exciting new fashion sensation but rather to find some kind of help for me to stay vertical. The Mayo pain clinic really pushed us to find ways that avoid looking handicapped. Hot pink fuzzy earmuffs kind of stick out in July!

I’m heading out a wee bit after 11:00 PM to take a walk with Einstein. My goals are twofold: avoid any four-legged critter that has a white stripe down its back and also to walk and remain within 15 feet of the sidewalk. I’ll wear my spring jacket to aide in my endeavors. Drivers will love seeing me sashay down the road. I have now reached the pinnacle of fashion divaness. See how chronic pain helps. Boy, life is good.

God Uses My Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good
      -  I can attain new heights as a runway icon by selecting helmets and earmuffs for my evening strolls with Einstein. I’m glad I’m not in Kansas anymore. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment