Friday, March 16, 2012

March Madness

March madness has struck this home twice, and that’s even without that little green leprechaun hopping around. Can craziness grow anymore this week?

First off, my husband has taken his annual pilgrimage to spy on athletic men chasing a ball around a court. He loves the college sports, particularly football and basketball. Although he’s not exactly the poster child of health and he hardly resembles a jock, he journeyed east with slight trepidation but high hopes. Sporting events have eluded him these past few years because his body has not cooperated. The actual games would be fine yet the trip to the stadiums brings forth a multitude of problems. If you haven’t noticed, his gait is hardly sprightly, in fact both the tortoise and hare lapped him several times. Gravity pulls him down the ramp and makes him simulate walking in place.

Although I encouraged Bob to return to the arenas, I’m not sure of the sanity involved. His seats are so high up that they look down on the nosebleed section. If you have excellent visual acuity, you might be able to make out a few dots moving about the gleaming floor. If the surrounding crowd is mute, one might be able to make out the reverberations of a ball bouncing down on the court. The pictures on TV provide a much better view of all of the shots to the hoop, but I guess a hot, sweaty center is preferable. That’s probably how the “madness” is paired with this month.

March provides it’s own madness visible as soon as you step outside your door. When I walked with Einstein, I saw tulips standing strong in countless yards. Buds are on every tree and bush as they reach out for this unexpected weather. We are all thrilled with the warm new records being established each day. Past records are being smashed as the temperature dashes past the old ones. It’s been wonderful sitting outside reading each day.

Here are my worries. I predict the temperatures may not rise about the teens once the calendar pages flip to July. We never got the cold temperatures this past winter, so they have to come sooner or later. Beach cover-ups might switch to parkas so summer swimmers will be prepared for confusing weather. Don’t confuse this for complaints for I love the weather outside my door. Spring trips to the south for spring break hold nothing new. Why go visit Mickey when the 80’s are peeking out of local thermometer readings? Forget the southwest when I can dine on my own back patio for better weather. March madness is here! Life is good!

God Uses My Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good
    -  Even with my vertigo, I am balanced enough to know “madness” when I see it. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment