Saturday, October 8, 2011

Zap

Start some prayers for Einstein. Walks have become increasingly difficult for both Bob and I, and we were starting to dread the soon-to-come cold weather. Walks around the block are still required in the rainy or snowy weather. With that in our hearts, we purchased one of those underground fences. We are supposed to have Einstein outside in our yard more these next few days, and thankfully, the current weather is making that an easy task. Although I have felt the shock he receives, I’m a softie for this training process. In the last two days, he only got zapped once with me but that was enough for both of us.

Following the zap on the driveway, Einstein has been sticking very close to Bob or I when we are outside. My pooch and I plopped on the ground yesterday, neither of us happy after experiencing voltage. As I pet his back, he looked up at me and almost seemed to say, “What is going on with this pain? Why don’t you stop it? Don’t you love me anymore?”

I immediately felt that God was thumping me on the head. Those very words were cried out in the previous hours from the humans of the house as we complained to God. “What is going on with this pain? Why don’t you stop it? Don’t you love me anymore?”

Einstein doesn’t realize that this fence will make it easier on all three of us in the long term. He will be able to enjoy the yard in many new ways very soon. We love him very much and are sacrificing ourselves, mentally and financially, in order to get this fence. We want to keep him safe in the long run from hazards (like cars) that he doesn’t even recognize.

Could these be the same words that God is trying to tell us? Despite our pain, He loves us more than we could ever recognize. He is looking at our happiness in the future. His son has already paid the greatest sacrifice. Bob always longs for a burning bush experience from God, so I’m taking the matches outside now. He’s talking; we just need to listen.

God Uses Our Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good:
     - Einstein, our well-loved dog, gives us God’s messages when our ears are plugged.

No comments:

Post a Comment