Wednesday, October 5, 2011

This Little Light

I feel slightly overwhelmed at the prospect of once again posting my blog, particularly linking it to Good Morning Girls participants. I have gained strength, encouragement and awe through reading the many other blogs available at this site. I find that I look forward to Wednesday evening or Thursdays as a time to slowly browse through the many options and opinions. I wonder if any read my words and gain anything half-related to inspiration.

If you are confused about the above paragraph, that is more confused than any other time following reading my blog, I suggest you might want to either look at past Wednesdays or better yet, peak at the link I have inserted. Good Morning Girls is a cyber Bible study aimed at women near and far. Our current study is that of 1 John.

www.Goodmorninggirls.org

The second chapter is much more inviting and encouraging; I am now a friend and even dear child. I find that last description even more amusing as I glance at the wrinkled hands typing these words. I try so hard to be the light emphasized in the childhood favorite, This Little Light of Mine. I picture little ones proudly holding up there light and pray that I remain as faithful. It’s easy for a bushel to fall over my light due to a hectic pace of accomplishing nothing. I’m ever so grateful that my salvation is not based on my homemaking skills.

As a grandma, I need to share the stories of the Bible and encourage other lights to shine. My daughter and son-in-law have lit their flames and created a home bursting with God’s presence. May yours also have the shining light of truth.

God Uses Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good:
     -  It gives me ample opportunity to read the words of other women seeking God’s truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment