Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Prayer Time


I’m pleased to find a multitude of ways to expand my time with God. I’m currently on full-time disability from work, so supposedly have extra time to feed my soul. I’ve already done a superior job at feeding my stomach so it’s time to move on. That’s part of the reasons why I continue to be so excited about Good Morning Girls. Wednesday is Link Up Day when participants are encouraged to share their blogs and any special discoveries about religious studies Check out www.goodmorninggirls.org for more info.

I’m also in WISP, an acronym for Women in Search of Peace. Females from a variety of religions gather to learn more of others’ faiths while deepening our own. Muslims, Mormons, Catholics, Methodists and Lutherans join together in study and fellowship. I’m new to this group, but am already buoyed by the many possibilities flowing from the Holy Ghost. Then there’s the weekly Bible study about 1 Samuel and a monthly book study that challenges the few remaining brain cells that I have.

I’m honored to be a Stephen Leader at my church. I have been diligently working on a PowerPoint presentation for November 12th. The topic is some new prayer ministries that will commence in January as well as some prayer tools that I have found to be beneficial. I’m ashamed to admit that on bad days, I find words and thoughts escaping me as I look for discussion, ok more monologue on my part, with the Lord. Combine that with the additional birthday candles needed on my cake, and I just plain need all the help that I can accumulate. Various prayer beads have come to my rescue.

I’m playing it lazy today and including some quotes on prayer that will hopefully be pondering points for my presentation and also for you. Please let me know which ones enter the crevices of your heart. 
  •          Listening to God is far more important than giving Him our ideas. ~ Frank Laubach
  •          Seven days without prayer makes one weak. ~ Allen E. Vartlett
  •         The trouble with nearly everybody who prays is that he says ‘Amen’ and runs away before God has a chance to reply.
  •          When you pray, rather let your heart be without words than your words without heart.  ~ ~John Bunyan

  •          We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties.  ~ Oswald Chambers
  •          When at night you cannot sleep, talk to the Shepherd and stop counting sheep. 
  •         The trouble with our praying is, we just do it as a means of last resort.  ~ Will Roger
  •       We must move from asking God to take care of the things that are breaking our hearts, to praying about the things that are breaking His heart.  ~ Margaret Gibb
  •      There is a vast difference between saying prayers and praying  ~ John G Lake
  •      Prayer requires more of the heart than the tongue.  ~ Adam Clarke
      Hopefully at least one of these quotes will squeeze into a crevice in your heart so you may ponder it all day. Please let me know which one you find the most thought provoking.


      God Uses My Chronic  Pain and Shows that Life is Good:
             I have additional time to feed my soul (and my stomach).


      God grant me more patience as I deal with formatting difficulties on this blog. So much for being lazy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment