Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Devil Made Me Say It

How refreshing to see so many faces who are all part of the Good Morning Girls Bible study. I’ve gained by taking time to spend some time with my Bible as I slowly begin a new day. By looking at the many faces showing off their journals, I more fully feel part of John’s “dear children”.

Today’s reading was from John 3:7-8 where the D word has some prominence. I’ve never felt really comfortable talking about the devil preferring to concentrate on the loving Christ verses instead. I tend to live my life with rose-colored glasses, but by this part of my life, those lenses have received one or two deep scratches. Devil more realistically comes to mind paired with witches, goblins and jack o’lanterns. Although Halloween is less than a week away, I can’t blame my distorted view just on the calendar page.

I know people sin. That’s been going on from good ol’ Adam, Eve and that darn snake. I can admit that. You don’t have to be watching me long to see me cross over that path with too much ease. I just don’t picture a little guy with horns and a red tail following me around the house. I sin too frequently despite my fervent wishes to lead a more godly life.

I was once told that Christ’s time on Earth would not have the impact if it weren’t for the devil. I have to be able to look at both sides of the heavens. The cartoonish pitchfork may not be nudging my rolls of cellulite, but the power can still pull at my soul. I have to accept the power of sin, and yes that means the devil too as I thank the Lord for my salvation.

Thanks Good Morning Girls. I love what is happening. Can I just suggest that perhaps we switch to Good Afternoon Girls? (The devil made me say that!)

God Uses My Chronic Pain to Show that Life is Good:
     -  I have time in the “late morning” to be part of a wonderful Bible study.

Find out more by checking out this site:  www.goodmorninggirls.org

No comments:

Post a Comment